Tuesday 3 December 2013

growing up

Being a grown up is weird.

It is, I still feel like I have no clue what's going on, and yet people my age and a lot younger all around the world either have multiple kids and do a great job (some don't!) and some are in high flying careers and control a great deal.

I, don't. I'm not responsible for anything major. I have keys to the shop I work in, but so do 5 other people. I'm responsible for a car and a house, but my parents and husband play a really big roll in my life and I don't have to fight for my survival.

I do have some wonderful friends though. Some abroad (hey, Heide!) and a lot close by... and they're all amazing. I didn't think I'd ever be friends with a Doctor, but I am, she's a proper superwoman, she doesn't realise how brilliant she is. An Entrepreneur, who when made redundant because she had a baby on the way, decided to start her own fab business so she could still spend time with her baby! Wonderful. I'm friends with the lovely founder of the WI I'm a member of. R is a force to be reckoned with if she wants something! A younger friend is training to be a veterinary nurse after just setting off around half the world for 6 months after working multiple jobs like a demon to pay for it! I have friends who are trained as teachers, friends that have that travel bug and jet off to some wonderful destinations (F got kicked out of Fiji!)

I have other great friends, with other great points, I cant obviously list them all, I'd be here all day.

And i'm totally boring. I have no skill set or bonus points.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter