Thursday 27 June 2013

Harry Potter!!

So, on Monday (24th June), the Hubster and I set off from West Yorkshire and I drove us down to Watford. Why Watford I hear you scream and cry? Well, it was close to where we needed to go.

Getting to Watford was really easy. Getting to the Hotel and car park in Watford? NOT EASY. Watford is all one-way-systems and crap signage.

But for 48 hours parking in a multi-storey affair, it was just £12. BARGAIN.

The hotel was clean and had all the necessary items. such as a bed, shower, sink, toilet, window.
And air con. Boy did it need air con. Other pros for our Jury's Inn were the fact it was on the same road as both the Harry Potter World shuttle bus and the Tube/Overground station to get us into London.
Which we did as soon as we had dumped our bags! Hubster has never been on the Tube, or really into London (cept for some political philosophy talk in some parliament building years ago) and was overwhelmed by the people (oh so many people) and the stuff.

So I introduced him to the tube and we went to find 221 Baker Street, I think Sherlock Holmes the only fictional character to have a Blue Plaque. I think I've mentioned those before. we also passed plaques for HG Wells and someone else, also on Baker Street. We went to SH's via The Disney Store, Waterstones Oxford Street and Marble Arch and took a few snaps. The we got the Bakerloo Line to Piccadilly Circus. Saw Eros and set off for Waterstones Piccadilly (the biggest bookstore in Europe) and then into Soho for some food. After an argument over Pizza Express, Hungry Diabetic Hubster finally caved and we went to Polpo. which had some really nice food, after I pretty much had to fight them for it. (there were nearly tears and we nearly walked out). We went home via Wholefoods and got the (omg SLOW) train back to Watford.

Tuesday was HARRY POTTER TOUR DAY!!!
Yeh I was quite excited!

We had breakfast and bummed about Watford TC for a while.
It is very, very boring there. They've even had their Waterstones closed! Finally we dumped all the crap we managed to buy back at the hotel and get the shuttle to Leavesdon Studios where the Warner Bros tour is based.

We were too early (despite being advised we had to be) and I bought a wand on in the wait.
The Tour was fab, I wont tell you too much, unless you ask me specifically, but I was impressed. They could do more with it and it was over crowded and dark. Hubster thinks the price was ridic but its not like somewhere you would go every year and I think it's worth it. £29each for 4 hours?

When we got back to Watford we went to the Nando's that we had spotted that morning and I had a really nice salad they've just added to the menu. Much love for the avocado and bean salad!

I finished Silver Linings Playbook when we got back to the hotel, slept and we set off the next morning at 10am. The original plan was to go to London again so I could go to the London Transport Museum. But we came home via Hardwick Hall instead (home of Bess) and went round the Old Hall, New Hall and Gardens. £16.50 each to the National Trust for this pleasure. ridiculous pricing!!!
Everything was lovely and they have very nice Gardens though!

We had a lovely 2nd Anniversary and came home happy. Next year I think we will have to have a couple of days where it is totally the Hubster's choice as this time it was pretty much me...!

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter